The internship programs are unpaid. However, the Zeeland Historical Society will work with the student to meet internship requirements for college credit.
We are looking for college interns enrolled in a Public History or related program.
Internship hours can be completed during regular museum hours, Tuesday through Friday between 10am to 5pm and Saturdays from 10am to 3pm. We are looking for someone who can put in anywhere from 5-25 hours per week.
ARCHIVES INTERN - OBJECTIVES:
COLLECTIONS INTERN - OBJECTIVES:
ORAL HISTORY INTERN - OBJECTIVES:
Programming Intern Objectives:
1. Transcribe oral history interviews from audio.
2. Research documents and pictures relating to the interview. There could be anywhere from 1-100 depending on the interviewee.
3. Collect/Scan photographs and documents to the appropriate file digitally.
3. Complete the necessary meta-data needed to upload the interview.
4. Create index of oral histories with search terms
5. Create digital organizational system to effectively store and sort all the components.
For questions call Audrey at 616-772-4079 or contact us.
To apply, please submit a STATEMENT OF PURPOSE and RESUME to Audrey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail your completed paperwork to:
Zeeland Historical Society
PO Box 165
Zeeland, MI 49464